1. Distract the children with something tidy to do, like screen time, coloring or reading.
2. Have them help you clean whatever you are cleaning. Give them easy jobs at first, and then a bit harder and a bit harder until they can do grown-up jobs.
3. Have them just get out a few things to play with and use their imagination.
4. Give them a big box to make into whatever they want like a house or a rocket.
5. If you feel like your child has too many toys, you can let them sleep over at their friend’s house and then while they’re gone, you can take some toys you haven’t seen them play with lately and put them away. If they want the toys back, you can tell them they can earn them back by cleaning a corner or section of their room.